EDI prepares to double its Dixon, Ca. facility to accommodate rapid growth
MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI), a global leader in advanced high-efficiency zero emissions hybrid and electric vehicle drivetrain solutions announces the execution of a new lease, which increases the size and capacity of their Dixon, California vehicle engineering and support facility. The company will be moving its current Dixon operations into a new 10,000 square foot space in February of 2017.
Combining the company’s Silicon Valley Global Headquarters and Innovation Center, and its new Dixon facility, EDI’s California footprint will occupy over 40,000 square feet between the two locations. The expansion in Dixon and continued build out of its Silicon Valley Innovation Center allows the company to accommodate its rapid growth and future market development plans in response to increased demands for its EDI PowerDrive™ PHEV and EV drivetrain solutions. The new Dixon expansion provides much needed capacity for the company’s growing vehicle engineering and integration projects for medium and heavy duty plug-in hybrid and fully electric fleet vehicles.
In addition to its Silicon Valley headquarters and Dixon operations, EDI will continue to maintain its development and manufacturing operations in Beijing, China and is also expecting to announce incremental facilities there in Q1 2017.
- Combined with EDI’s Silicon Valley headquarters, and the new site in Dixon, EDI will expand its presence to more than 40,000+ square feet between its two locations In California
- The expansion enables the company to accommodate its rapid expansion, supporting the manufacturing of up to 5,000 drivetrains and large numbers of vehicle engineering and upfit projects annually beginning in 2017
- EDI’s Silicon Valley headquarters will house drivetrain development, vehicle software development, manufacturing, sales, marketing, and administrative organizations
- EDI’s Dixon facility will focus on vehicle engineering and system integration programs, also delivering quantities of PHEV and EV vehicles to end customers and OEMs. The electrified vehicles will be used to replace conventional commercial fuel vehicles in industries such as logistics, emergency response, utilities, and others—significantly reducing greenhouse gas emissions and eliminating harmful criteria pollutants, while still maintaining OEM levels of power and performance
- The company will expand its portfolio of solutions: EDI PowerDrive™ line of EV and PHEV drivetrains, EDI PowerSuite™ Vehicle Control Software and Telematics, and EDI Power2E™ 2 Way Charging and Exportable Power for end users, vehicle manufacturers and integrators in 2017
“In response to the growing demand for PHEV and EV drivetrain technology, EDI has been a company that has excelled in the industry for several years, and we are thrilled to grow our California operations with the expansion of our Dixon vehicle engineering and integration facility. Over the course of the next 12 months, we’ll be adding as many as 50+ jobs globally, and the incremental space will allow us to ramp up manufacturing and production.
“EDI is tremendously excited about expanding our Dixon facility to a location which not only fits our strategic needs, but also benefits the State of California. Our growing California footprint is a testament to our technology and the success EDI has experienced since its founding.”
-Joerg Ferchau, CEO, Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
- EDI’s Silicon Valley Innovation Center news release
- EDI on LinkedIn
- EDI on Facebook
No comments yet.