Available OEM developer kit includes extensible drivetrain, vehicle control software, electric power export option, and training with developers support program
MILPITAS, Calif., May 2, 2016 --(BUSINESS WIRE)--Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI), , a global leader in advanced high-efficiency zero emissions hybrid and electric drivetrain solutions, today announces the expansion of its solutions portfolio to include its EDI PowerDriveTM electrification kit and developer support program for vehicle manufacturers moving to create a PHEV offering.
As demand for commercial alternative fuel vehicles increases exponentially, the pressure to comply with stringent anti-idle and emissions reductions mandates continues to grow for vehicle manufacturers. The first-of-its-kind OEM vehicle developers kit and support program from EDI enables vehicle manufacturers to rapidly create PHEV and EV vehicle solutions that meet industry regulations today.
The EDI PowerDriveTM kit offers OEMs a robust and comprehensive framework for rapid PHEV vehicle solution development. Electrification kits include a high-efficiency drivetrain (EDI PowerDriveTM), vehicle control and telematics software (EDI PowerSuiteTM), and the training and support infrastructure to enable OEMs to drive quicker time to market in offering PHEV and EV vehicles. OEMs can also further customize their vehicle solutions with EDI’s Electric Power Export (Power2ETM) option—the capability to export a range of power directly from the vehicle for use in disaster recovery, jobsite maintenance, tool operation, and other applications.
The EDI PowerDriveTM system is less complex, more efficient, and lighter than any offering in the industry. The unique, inline form factor allows the drivetrain to integrate into any light, medium, or heavy duty vehicle design. The 4-mode system intelligently and automatically adapts its functions so it can operate as either a pure electric vehicle (EV) for trips around the neighborhood, or as a Series Hybrid, optimum for stop-and-go city traffic conditions, or as an efficient Parallel Hybrid that is ideal for the highway. It also features an EV+TM mode for hill climbing and added acceleration.
- EDI is now offering EDI PowerDriveTM evaluation kits for vehicle manufacturers, including telematics for vehicle analytics and fleet monitoring.
- EDI’s initial evaluation systems have been installed across 6 leading OEM platforms in US and Asia.
- EDI is currently working with several leading investor owned utilities in their fleet electrification initiatives.
- OEMs implementing the EDI PowerDriveTM system benefit from a fully electrified work truck and job site power with integrated vocational options such as ePTO, Export Power for grid, and API for aerial devices and other PTO applications.
- The company’s electric exportable power solution (Power2ETM) provides a wide variety of electric power export options to meet industry requirements across applications including: utility, telecom, construction, distribution, and more.
- The EDI PowerDrive’s modular, inline form allows easy optimization for a wide range of vehicle types, making rapid market introductions possible, and provides full OEM vehicle performance.
- Concurrent with the availability of the announcement, EDI has also broadened its patent portfolio with a number of new issued and applied for patents covering power export, drivetrain and software architecture innovations.
“Moving into mass production of our drivetrain solutions is the next phase of EDI’s business strategy. As OEMs struggle to build solutions quick enough to comply with regulations, EDI’s drivetrain and control software solutions are ideally suited to help them comply in the shortest timeframe possible.”
-Joerg Ferchau, CEO, Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
“The extensibility of EDI’s system is the ideal vehicle electrification platform for the market, and will enable OEM and utility partners meet idle free, zero emissions requirements for city and highway driving, and at stationary job sites with zero impact to vehicle performance.”
-Charlie Travis, Head of Business Development, Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
EDI drivetrain solutions: http://efficientdrivetrains.com/solutions-drivetrains.html
EDI vehicle solutions: http://efficientdrivetrains.com/solutions.html
EDI power export: http://efficientdrivetrains.com/solutions-powertoexport.html
EDI utility applications: http://efficientdrivetrains.com/solutions-utility.html
EDI on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/efficient-drivetrains
EDI on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/efficientdrivetrains